Extending your warranty – Gold Standard Premium
All MAN yacht engines are delivered ex works with a two-year warranty, which is valid for MAN’s entire scope of supply.
Warranty extension: Gold Standard
You will additionally receive a free-of-charge extension guarantee (Gold Standard) for a further three years for the main components (crankcase, crankshaft, camshaft, and oil sump).
The only requirement: The Shipyard must be able to demonstrate that the engine has been installed in line with MAN quality criteria. An additional advantage: You will benefit from optimized maintenance costs.
The warranty extension is subject to the MAN Terms and Conditions for Warranty. Wearing parts and consumables, such as air and oil filters, seals etc., and components that have to be replaced at regular maintenance intervals are excluded from the Gold Standard warranty extension.
Warranty extension: Gold Standard Premium
In addition to the warranty ex works (two years) and the warranty extension (Gold Standard), you have the option of taking out additional coverage for yourself and your investment:
Gold Standard Premium gives you the option of extending the original warranty for three more years, meaning a total warranty period of five years. For the additional three years, the warranty can be concluded for another 2,500 or 4,000 operating hours. Your additional advantage compared with the Gold Standard extension: All engine components are completely covered.
The benefits of your Gold Standard Premium extension at a glance:
- The transferability of the warranty extension increases the resale value of your yacht
- The Gold Standard Premium warranty extension covers all MAN components in your engine room, including cost-intensive components such as electronics and turbo chargers
- You receive additional security beyond the Gold Standard extension
- Your investment is protected against unplanned/expensive repairs (except for wear, improper use, or accidents)
- All maintenance work and repairs are carried out by an authorised MAN service partner
- You can be sure that all servicing and repairs will be performed exclusively using MAN Genuine Parts
- The term, which can be either 2,500 or 4,000 operating hours, is adapted to your lifestyle and your needs
- You remain flexible and can opt for the warranty extension within the first two years
|Warranty ex works||Gold Standard extension||Gold Standard Premium extension|
|Term||2 years||+ 3 years
→ 5 years in total
|+ 3 years
→ 5 years in total
|Applies to all privately used MAN yacht engines||✔||✔||✔|
|Safety for main components||✔||✔||✔|
|Transferrable if the yacht is sold||✔||✔||✔|
|Valid for all parts of the engine in the engine room||✔||✔|
|Can be selected within 2 years (engine runtime < 2,000hrs) of your new purchase||✔|
Conditions for extending the time limit for material defect liability:
- Maintenance per the maintenance plan in certified MAN businesses
- Exclusive use of MAN Genuine Parts
For further information, please contact your local service partner. Please have your engine number ready. This can be found on your engine model plate, in your maintenance record, registration papers, or on the engine next to the last cylinder on the power delivery side.